Nightshade City

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Twitch
Roleplayer
Twitch

Nightshade City Empty
PostSubject: Nightshade City   Nightshade City I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2023 7:22 pm

Nightshade City Giphy

Title of Roleplay Session: Fast Friends or... Accomplices
Characters in Roleplay:
Setting/Weather:
Date & Time: 9pm
Summary of Log: Daniel still hasn't found the witch that cursed him. Zane
finds out who this witch is and instead of running for the hills like a sane person
the half demon decides to help.

AshDunn It was still relatively early into the night, nearing nine o'clock. About three days were left till the next full moon, leaving Daniel with less and less time by the minute to capture a witch, and bring her back to another witch... alive. The air was fresh, streets rowdy and drinks plenty as she sat at on the bar stool, back against the bar top while she sipped on a beer. Her eyes didn't seem to gaze around much, just a solid stare forward with some blinks as she was deep in thought. The patrons at Bar None didn't seem to take the initial outlook on her as they did when the bounty hunter first entered nights ago. They didn't seem to pay much mind to her at all, actually.  

OddThomas: Zane had done his part. He had gotten Daniel to drink the potion that would have made him a man if he hadn't poured half of it out but more importantly it gave Mama Needa the ability to keep tabs on the cursed bounty hunter. He was in the clear. His work done. So he spent his time after getting Daniel back to the city just bopping around, doing his usual this and that and even taking one more person down to see the old Voodoo queen in the swamp. He was taking a break today. Counting cash as he walked down the street, Zane was very happy with himself.

lncandescence  "Foul rodents," Asha scowled. Her eyes peered through the dimly lit sewer she'd been wandering in for hours. A nymph. She belonged in nature, not civilization. No matter. Onto the current goal: find a damn way out. The nymph's hooves clanked against the nasty cement below her, carrying her for hours and hours. Eventually, she wound up face-to-face witth a sketchy-looking ladder that looked like it hadn't been maintained in about 5 or 6 decades. Climbing up, she weakly shoved on the manhole cover. Sighing as it wouldn't budge, she resorted to using her voice, screeching at the top of her lungs, "Will someone move this fucking thing?!"

AshDunn  As Daniel sipped her beer, nearing the end of it, her eyes would squint as she noticed Zane walking down the street. She quickly downed the rest of her beer, plopping it down on the bar top before she stood up, walking at a fast pace out the front door. "Hey!" She called out in his direction, trying to slow him down as she sped up her footing. She was wearing a pair of running shoes that seemed her size, an old blazer, a pair of leather pants and a white top that did a poor job of hiding her bra. It didn't seem like she had a self-care routine. "Question!" She started, though she was interrupted by the screetching sound coming from the sewer's manhole cover. She rose an eyebrow, tilting her head at it.

OddThomas: A familiar voice hailed him as he folded his money and shoved it in the inner pocket of his jacket. Zane raised an eyebrow to see the forcefully transgendered bounty hunter shouting at him. He was going to say something but then the lid of a manhole rattled and screaming echoed between them. He redirected his attention to the manhole and pointed. "Uh... you gonna get that or should I?"

lncandescence  Her eyes rolled after she'd been waiting only a moment - but a moment too long. Asha was impatient, much like the forces of nature she came from. She let out one final shriek, and the sewer water around her swirled up like a geiser. If no one was around to help, she could at least take care of it herself. First, the manhole cover shot straight into the air, then her after it, before she flicked her wrist and watched it hurl down the street with water flinging it away like a frisbee. Water stains covered her dress, which used to shimmer like moonlight, but now laid limp on her body like a used rag. Her hair stuck to her skin, and she wore a scowl to match the storms of the coast. Blue eyes fell on the street, taking in the world around her. How she wound up far from the mountains didn't matter now; she had to figure it out. Touching down after the brief water blast, Asha clopped around the sidewalk a moment, gazing into the bar. Perhaps, maybe, a drink could've been in order.

AshDunn  Daniel took some steps back away from the manhole as it shot up, and the nymph shot up soon after. Once she landed and her gaze seemed to steer towards the bar, Daniel rose an eyebrow while looking back and forth between the nymph and Zane. "Does this kind of shit happen all the time?" She asked, then shook her head.  

OddThomas: "Oh hell no." Zane said, as the manhole blew off and he doubled back out of the splash zone. What popped out of the manhole was easy enough on the eyes but was pretty much covered in sewer water. He let out a low whistle while checking his jacket for splash. Thankfully he was clean. With a sort of wicked smirk, Zane's eye met Daniel's on the other side of the nymph. "Oh yeah." It was never a good idea to get to comfortable in Nightshade City. Portals, unnatural storms, minotaurs clashing in the streets, troll gang fights; you never knew what could pop off. Zane doubled back and leaned on teh door to Bar None pushing it open. "How about you buy me a drink and ask me your question." His eyes moved to the sewer woman motioning to the open door. "Ladies."

lncandescence  After gazing into the window a moment too long, Asha snapped back to reality. The stench of the sewer surrounded her, and she scowled something fierce over it. "Thanks," she muttered, clopping into the bar. Looking around, she wasn't sure what else to do but head to the bar itself. Climbing up into a barstool, the nymph put her chin in her hands, and stared at the bottles on the wall behind the bar. "Poison," she mumbled, crossing one leg over the other.

AshDunn  Daniel would roll her eyes as Zane referred to them as "ladies", though she entered the bar once more, following in the same path as the nymph to the bar. She'd plop back down on the bar stool she sat at prior, calling over to the waitress. "Two beers." She said, then reached into her blazer and pulled some cash which she left on the bar. She spin in her bar stool, leaning her back against the bar. "I have three days. What happens if I can't do it?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at Zane.

OddThomas: Zane's smug smile didn't let up, in fact it widened as Daniel passed him. He knew exactly what he'd said. The door clicked close behind him and he followed them to the bar, waving at the waitress with a cheeky smile that made her blush, doll out the beers and skitter off. "Call me" He mouthed at her making her giggle then turned to Daniel. "Oh bro. Don't go there. Just find the witch and bring her to Mama Needa. Or it'll be baaaaaaaad." The last word he brayed out like a goat, making unflinching eye contact with Daniel as if forcing him to remember when the goat attacked him in front of the shack.

lncandescence  Her head turned back to the man bleating like a goat - and she chuckled for the first time since she'd been cast away from the mountains. "They don't all sound like that," she laughed. Totally unaware of the topic they were discussing, she turned her head back to the bar, eyeing a particular bottle of tequila. "Double shot of that," she said, reaching in the top of her dress and pulling out some foul-smelling cash. "Hold the salt and lime." As the bartender took her cash, making a face at the drawer, she went back to her listless daydreaming.

AshDunn  Daniel would look to the Nymph as she spoke, a curious expression on her face as she watched the Nymph then order. "Hm..." She'd then bring her attention back to Zane, shaking her head. "You see, you're telling me it'll be bad, but you're not giving me specifics. What will happen? Cause so far, it's not looking good." She said with a blunt honesty that almost seemed to be defeating to herself.  

OddThomas: Zane chuckled when the nymph laughed at him. "You know goats with accents? Me too." He could go for tequila but he wouldn't forgo the lime and salt. For the time being though, he stepped up to the bar and picked up the extra beer taking a drink. "Listen... I have no idea what will happen. Mama Needa can be... creative. It's just best if you find the witch and don't go down that path." His eyes dropped balantly to his chest. "What's the matter bro? Tits holding you down? Back problems set in faster than you thought?"

lncandescence: When the bartender brought the tequila over, she downed the shot as fast as it was put down. Turning around to face the crowd in the room, Asha simply raised a brow, trying to find the restroom sign. Off in the back corner, she noticed a tiny sign, and headed that direction. Using the sink to clean up would be easy enough, she just needed fresh water.

AshDunn  She reached behind her, grabbing her beer and taking a lengthy sip from it before plopping it back on the back. She shook her head as Zane seemed to make fun of her. "Well, like I said, it's not looking good. I haven't gotten any leads, and none of my information brokers do either." As his eyes were blatantly aimed at her chest, she adjusted her top and bra, adjusting her bust in them. "And if you must know, yeah, even with the bra."

OddThomas: Half the beer was gone when Zane put it down. His thumb passed slowly over the label as he sat in thought. His stare had moved to the back wall of the bar. He didn't really want to get between Mama Needa and her quarry but he had been the one to take Daniel down to see her. But! He had asked, had he not? Zane groaned inwardly. "You're looking for a witch right? What kinda witch and where did you lose them?"

lncandescence: Asha made her way into the bathroom, and turned on the cold, running water. Closing her eyes, she lifted her hands out to either side, and felt the water slowly climb across her body in thin tendrils. It swept up the dirt and grime, cleaned the sewer water out of her dress, and even cleaned the grooves in her hooves. When it was done, she moved to the air dryer on the wall and crouched under it. Completely unfazed by passerby glances, she waited under the heated air until she was dry... but that would be a while.

AshDunn  Daniel took another lengthy sip of her beer, though holding onto it afterwards and waving it around while she replied to Zane. "Followed her to a shitty little bar, got cursed, woke up out back. Lost her then. As for what kind... Solitary. No coven." She said, then thought to herself for a moment. "And what's your interest in this? Something in it for you?"  

OddThomas: Zane feigned offense, putting his hand lightly over his heart and letting his mouth drop open. "Madame!" He barely contained a chuckle but went on. "Something in it for me? You know what's in it for me if I get mixed up in your mess? Mama Needa... and her creativity. So, if I do help, believe me, it's out of stupid charity." He took a moment to finish his beer before he went on with that wicked smirk. "But, what kind of man would I be to leave a lady like yourself in distress."

lncandescence: After what seemed like hours, Asha popped out of the now-drenched restroom, clean as ever. Her eyes settled back on the bar, and she made her way back to the stool was was in prior. "Another double shot," she said, setting more cash on the bar. Unfortunately, that was the last she had to go on. Downing her second shot, she swiveled around and took in the scenery around the bar.

AshDunn  "Well then, seems like we're in it together then. We've got three days, so we better start figuring it out." She said, taking another swig of her beer. Her eyes would linger on the Nymph, curiously gazing at her as she made her way back to the bar when she heard Zane's last comment. "Stop that. Besides, maybe Needa will do the same to you if you didn't help me."

OddThomas: Zane followed Daniel's gaze and laughed to himself. "I wouldn't mind being a woman. I liked that movie Tootsie. Sent a lot of mixed message as a kid though." He was quiet for a moment, still watching the nymph as he slowly finished his beer. Finally his attention came back to male bounty hunter trapped in a woman's body. "But I never said I was in it. I just... Okay, just know, I got one foot out of this shit at all times. I will peace out on you so hard if it suits me. I am not dependable. Deal?"

lncandescence: One leg crossed over the other, and a hand resting on top of it. Her eyes darted around the room, and she took in every interaction she could. Before long, she rotated on the barstool to face the bartender once more, lightly kicking at the bar. Looking down at the glass, she shoved it back to the bartender, watching it stop at the edge. Asha looked up, a sinister grin spreading across her lips.

AshDunn  Daniel listened to Zane. It sounded reasonable to her, and considering her lack of luck she'd need whatever help she could get. "Deal." She said, sticking out her hand to offer in a hand shake. With her other hand, she'd finish off her beer, plopping it down on the bar and standing up. "So, any ideas of where to start? She's gone cold turkey... Definitely knows she's being hunted."
OddThomas: Zane shook Daniel's hand in one firm movement then let it go. He thought for a moment, waving down the bartender and ordering a shot of tequila and another two beers. "What's she look like? Name? You remember anything about her?"

AshDunn  Daniel would watch him order more drinks, tilting her head side to side as she debated wether she'd like to partake. "Not like the conventional witch. Blonde, short, big ass, hot as fuck. Aria Grail was her name... She dressed in white when I saw her, usually a dress." She shrugged. Usually, curses had terms to which they would be lifted, though it seemed Daniel didn't know what her's were. "I could remember her saying something before I lost conciousness... Along the lines of being my ideal woman."  

OddThomas: Zane knocked back his shot and picked up his beer. The liquid was half way down his throat when Daniel said the name of the witch causing him to spit the fluid out all over the bar. Grabbing Daniel by the arm, he pulled him in close. "You were hunting Aria Grail? No fucking wonder you followed a stranger into the swamp to make a deal with a Voodoo Priest. You are fucking stupid, dude. Aria Grail parades around like a white witch but she's the blackest of the black. We're talking Satan and Black Philip. You're lucky all she did was make you a woman." A thought struck Zane so hard his head pulled back and he looked Daniel up and down. "You... you tried to fuck her. Didn't you?"

AshDunn  Daniel would feel herself get yanked by his grip on her arm, looking up at him with wide eyes as he spoke. "I know who she is... And the pay is really good." She said, her expression turning to a stern one before he spoke again. "Well, not really. I was playing it smooth, trying to get in close and under the radar. So maybe that's what she thought... And hell, I would have, but that wasn't the goal!"  

OddThomas: Zane's hand dropped from the slender arm in his grip. He shook his head slowly and exhaled, looking away. "Bro. I'm about to be two feet out. You're insane." There was a beat of silence before he looked back. "How much is the pay?"

AshDunn  Daniel would rub her arm once he let go, watching him as he turned around. "Five million for her head. Another three million if I could do it within the next ten days." She said, squinting at him. "That being said, if I kill her, I'm probably stuck like this. And then we've got to deal with Needa. Looks like a "lesser of two evils" situation."

OddThomas: The way Zane laughed at Daniel's last statement you would have thought the "woman" was the funniest person in the world. Well, if it wasn't a bitter laugh at its core. "Lesser of two evils? No. No. A thousand times no." He cursed under his breath then dropped back onto a stool, butting the beer to his lips and not stopping until he was sucking on air. "Fuck man. You are screwed. Okay... Let's just find Aria. Where did you wake up?"

AshDunn  Daniel turned to face Zane as he plopped onto the stool, finishing his beer. "Yeah, I get it. Thanks. I woke up in the back alley of the Rikor Lounge." The Rikor Lounge was a classy spot in the city, known to host many high class business men, crime lords and supernaturals. A melting pot of a bunch of the most highly respected and feared. "I've staked it out the last two nights and haven't seen her go in. I haven't gone in myself..."

OddThomas: Zane rubbed his chin in thought. He spun around and paid for his drink, taking his sweet time to flirt with the new girl before he came back around to Daniel. "Alright. The Rikor Lounge it is. Leggo." He motioned to the door. "I have an idea."
AshDunn  Daniel was taken aback as Zane started bolting towards the exit of the bar. She kept up, her shorter legs working overtime to follow. "What is it? And there's zero chance we get in. At least not dressed like this!" She said, gesturing to both of them. It was a classy lounge, suits and dresses usually required.  

OddThomas: Zane hailed a cab and when Daniel caught up to him, he pushed the woman ish person inside before getting in himself and shutting the door. He gave the cabbie the location then shifted in his seat to get comfortable, slouching down a little. "It's a work in progress but don't worry. We're not going into the Rikor. At least for now."

AshDunn  As she got shoved into the cab, she'd shake her head, settling herself into the seat. "Okay, then what are we doing, and where are we going?" She asked, a sigh following. He didn't seem to like sharing details much, though she didn't have much else to go off of anyways. She'd take the seat belt strap, attempting to buckle it over her chest, though decided against it once she looked down.  

OddThomas: Zane was gonna answer then he got distracted watching her trying to get the seat belt over her chest. A chuckle leaked out. "Dude, are those things getting bigger?" He shooked his head and leaned it against the window half staring out half looking at Daniel. "I haven't been out that way in a while. You're just gonna have to follow my lead." It wasn't so much that Zane didn't like to share. It was more so that he flew by the seat of his pants and made shit up as he went along. A thought struck him and he sat up, patting himself down until he dug into a pocket of his jacket and came away with chocolate bar. Exhaling, he pushes the bar back into its slot and laced his fingers over his lap. "Don't worry your pretty little head off, sugar tits. It'll all workout."

AshDunn  Daniel rolled her eyes as Zane made his remark, cupping her chest as she looked down at her own cleavage. "I fucking hope not." She muttered before she let it go, letting her breasts settle back into place before she shook her head once more being given, once again, little information. "Sugar tits? Wow." She said, turning in her seat to face him. She'd naively give a view of her ample cleavage as she leaned forward. "I swear to god, I don't like being dragged into things without knowing what they are. So, if you're just fucking with me, I'm going to make sure Aria and Needa are the last of your worries, got it?" Her feminine voice was the last thing from threatening.  

OddThomas: When Daniel turned to threaten him, Zane blinked slowly. A smile struggled on his lips before finally winning out. "Oh my god, you're adorable when you're mad." He reached out and tucked some of her hair behind her ear. "Don't worry, darling, I'm a big strong man and I would never let anything bad happen to a delicate little thing like you." His hand jerked back as he crumbled in laughter. The cabby stared at them through the rearview mirror, raising a brow. Zane wiped the tears from his eyes and sat up eventually. "I seem to recall you saying something similar when we went to see Mama Needa and you still came with me. So, calm your tits. We're gonna be okay."

AshDunn  Her cheeks turned a little red in embarassment as he called her out, though her frustration was building. The cab driver staring and all had gone unbenounced to her as she fixed her eyes on him, her blush dissapearing as she squinted. Daniel would settle back into her seat, staring out the window on her side as she spoke. "I fucking hope I get a bounty on you once this is all fixed." She muttered to herself under her breath.

Last edited by Twitch on Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Twitch
Roleplayer
Twitch

Nightshade City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightshade City   Nightshade City I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2023 11:39 am

Nightshade City Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJYUSxwXyaxUXk0vBjsAuC_7G9NMqj0aLrpAzQ_fHaOv3-REl8zBYY9Cs0C6yiLc-N9rY&usqp=CAU

Title of Roleplay Session:
Characters in Roleplay:
Setting/Weather:
Date & Time:
Summary of Log:

OddThomas: Zane started to laugh again. You would think Daniel was the funniest human in the world the way the half demon acted around him. And it was funny... it was even funnier after Daniel as a man and then watching him shrink right back down to being woman and his tits getting even bigger with the shrinkage. Plus. Zane couldn't help but think he'd been cursed like this because he'd been a bit of a dick to women as a man, so he got an even bigger laugh out of making misgoynist comments to him. And finally, if he was gonna get tied into all of this, which he clearly was, he might as well go down laughing. Zane played his with phone for the rest of the way until the cab pulled to a stop about a block before the lounge. Tapping his phone on the payment reader, Zane hopped out and stretched, looking up and down the block as he did. There was a fair amount of people out tonight most of which were human so they gave him sideways stares or just flat out switched sides when they saw him. So, he wedged himself in a boarded up doorway and let the shadows fold around him while patting his pockets down for a pack of smokes.

AshDunn Daniel rose an eyebrow as the cab pulled to stop and Zane paid and got out. She recognized that they were close to the lounge, but Zane had said they weren't headed there. Getting out, she shook her head, getting even more frustrated now with the lack of details she was given. She'd follow Zane into the boarded up doorway, reaching into her blazer and tossing him her pack of cigarettes. "Okay, tell me what the hell is going on." She said sternly, leaning on the wall across from him and crossing her arms under her bust.

OddThomas: When his hand came out of the shadows to catch the pack, it was human looking. No more stone white skin. He stepped forward, taking out a cigarette and putting it to his lips before dropping the pack back in her hands. His horns were gone and so was the massive sword he carried on his back. But his eyes were still that twinkling steel blue and his mouth was still a smile waiting to happen. Cupping his hand around a match flame, he inhaled deeply, shook out the match then pinched the cigarette between his fingers before pointing at the building across from them. Heavy brick with jewel eyed gargoyles staring down at them and large warehouse windows most of which were dark. "Used to be the hotel down here. Now it's only the place humans go to get a possessed. It's haunted as fuck. Pretty sure some of my cousins hang out in there."

AshDunn Daniel would raise an eyebrow seeing the human hand grab the pack, only to drop it back in her's once the cigarette was lit and in Zane's human mouth. She nodded, as though acknowledging he was able to make himself look human. Her gaze would shift over to the building he pointed at, tilting her head. "Alright...And what does that have to do with us?" She asked, clearly annoyed as she maintained her crossed arms and lean on the wall, head still in direction of the building.

OddThomas: He raised a brow and stared at the busty woman next to him for a moment before putting the cigarette back between his lips and snatching Daniel up by his jacket and crossing the street. "Information, dingbat. That girl brain switching all your years of bounty hunting for glitter and shoe sales or something? If your witch isn't hold up in this building, she was at some point and these assholes will know it. Pull your tits up and get your head in the game because we're about to have to beat some information out of demons and pissed off ghosts."

AshDunn Daniel was caught by surprise as Zane grabbed onto her jacket, essentially carrying her across the street. "Let me go! You fucking ass!" She protested against his grip, a wobbly mess in the process. She didn't even have her weapons on her, not expecting to get in a brawl that night. She'd manage to slip out of her jacket, landing on her feet and following Zane while tugging at her top straps. "You could have at least fucking said that earlier!" She complained as they crossed the street, finding themselves in front of the entrance to the building.

OddThomas: Zane side-eyed the little bounty hunter, taking his gun out from under his arm and handing it to her along with her jacket. "You got nine shots. Don't waste them on fuckers that disappear or you see through." Standing in front of the building the feeling of cold, emptiness was hard to mistake. Humans always wanted to test their metal and see how long they could last within these walls and it never ended well. The doors creaked open of their own accord and flexed his fingers before making a sweeping motion with his hand. "Ladies first." That usually would have been a joke but he'd gone serious, the light dimming in his eyes.

AshDunn Daniel grabbed the gun, looking it over for a moment before wrapping her finger around the trigger with a sigh. She'd shake her head dissapointingly before walking through the doors, having noticed Zane's shift in tone. Now, being dragged into a warehouse she wasn't familiar with, no exact gameplan... The darkness was apparent. She couldn't see much from about ten feet in front of her onwards. "Pussy." She muttered, talking about Zane, making her go in first. She took some small steps forward, gazing around the limited sight in front of her.

OddThomas: The doors slammed shut behind them and Zane bit down on the back of his teeth. The eerie whispers started up immediately and a dim flicker of a candle light lit at the top of the stairs in front of them. A cold wind whipped up dead leaves on the floor and something moved off to the left. Zane didn't even react to Daniel's jab. Instead he sucked nearly the life out of the cigarette and flicked it off to the left. The cherry arched in the dark and revealed the ghostly outline of a man with no face who was scratching at the spot where his mouth should have been, desperately trying to scream into the dark. "Go left." Zane said.

AshDunn Daniel had now held the pistol close, aiming it ahead of her as she noticed the ghostly outline. "Don't like this." She muttered, changing directions and taking some steps towards the left, where Zane instructed. Whispers and faint maniacal laughter could be heard in the distance through an echo, to which Daniel slowly shaked her head. All of a sudden, she paused, hearing a familiar voice. "Oh, look at how you've turned out..." It was the voice of the witch, to which Daniel turned to Zane. "Did you hear that? Is that just me?" She wasn't sure if they were hearing the same things.

OddThomas: The voice of the witch seemed to be melting down the walls around them. Zane was right behind Daniel. His hand had moved under his jacket and along his lower back. The point of looking human had been to both conceal his identity and to seem less capable, but his sword was still on him and still in reach. Seems it had worked. The witch wasted no time in calling out. There was skittering across the ceiling and more laughter. "Just watch where you're going." Zane muttered as candles started to fire up down the hall.

AshDunn She moved her gaze back to the direction they were moving in, the darkness hard to see through for Daniel as she aimed her weapon ahead. "This bitch..." She muttered out. The voice became a little louder, still in an echo. "You brought a friend? How exciting!" Daniel squinted in frustration, but also to see better ahead to no avail. As she stepped forward, she'd find herself stumbling for a moment, clicks echoing from the ground beneath her as she looked down wide eyed. Her shoes had changed into a pair of six inch pumps. "What the fu-" She muttered before the rest of her clothes seemed to start morphing. By the time it was done, she was left looking like a stripper, her hair and make up done up and all. "I'm going to kill her."

OddThomas: Zane's hand dropped from his back when the witch acknowledge his presence with Daniel. "Friend?" His hand went up as if he were being pulled over. "No ma'am. The young lady just asked me to walk her home." The sound of patent leather squeaking into existence made Zane look down at Daniel and his smile was back, barely held away. More skittering across the walls and the candles went out with a cackle. Unnatural wind swept around them, then a gust shoved them down the hall, deeper into the old hotel. Zane felt pulled across the floor on his heels and slammed into a wall.
Back to top Go down
Emerge
Global Moderator
Emerge

Nightshade City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightshade City   Nightshade City I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2023 5:26 pm

Nightshade City 773c0c638b3618a469520090d08e58b2

Characters in Roleplay: Bishop | Frankie Stein
Setting/Weather:
Date & Time:
Summary of Log:

Foniia: The loud crack of pool balls echoed in the half empty room of Bar None when Frankie walked in. She didn't do the usual and make a beeline for the bar, mostly because she wasn't a drinker. Instead she sauntered slowly in, paused in the middle of the room as if she were posing for a photo shoot as she looked around, then moved to the record player near the second set of doors. Feet together, thighs touching, the amalgamation of other humans, squatted down and began to flip through the records.

Brute: Halfway leaning over the pool table, after having just potted a ball, Bishop paused for a moment as his eyes fell to the centre of the room and the individual standing there looking like photographers were expected to be present; the scene causing the corner of his mouth to turn up a little as he pulled back from the table. Pool cue held in both hands, balancing on the floor as he leaned forward on it slightly, vivid blue eyes peering from the table to the continued saunter of the newcomer as she made her way over towards the records. What kind of mood was the newcomer in, her choice in music would set a tone after all.

Foniia: A quiet eep chittered from her as her shoulders bunched in excitement and spiders skittered along her bare shoulders and up into the thick briar of her white stripped hair. Pressing the chosen record to her chest in a soft, careful hug, Frankie pressed up from the floor, slipped the record free of its sleeve and placed it on the turntable. Click, hiss, fizz. There was soft static for a moment before music began to fill the room causing her hips to sway slowly as she held the edges of the record player letting the song wash over her sewn together limbs. Turning away from the record player, having filled the room with mash up of upbeat pop songs, Frankie danced her way to the bar.

Brute: The upbeat songs gave a no pause in filling the bar with a certain energy, music tended to do that to people and things. By the time he was done setting another ball on ball crime in action she was moving again, this time her form moving differently from how just a few moments ago her hips swayed while still squatted down; she was already messing up his hustle at the table. Sucking in air through his teeth with that deep tst sound echoing as the guy he was playing sunk yet another ball in, Bishop tossed a twenty onto the table along with the pool and made his way around a couple of tables until his side was pressed into the bar beside her. “You’re so well put together, I can’t even be mad at how much of a distraction you’ve been so far, but tell me, does the stitching hold up to more than just a few sensual hip sways?” He wasn’t overly sure just what kind of creature was literally sewn together, maybe she was Frankenstein hot daughter, but the thought didn’t stop him holding his hand out towards her as he nodded his head sideways towards an open spot on the floor, inviting for a dance.

Foniia: Behind her, people were starting to sway and move either at their tables or on the open space between some of the tables and the bar. Not the tallest creature, Frankie had to climb up on the metal run that ran around the bottom of bar in order to lean on the bar top to be seen and heard. A burly biker-esque troll and a half orc woman were working the bar, both stood heads taller than her and Frankie thought it best to peel one arm free and use it to lengthen her reach in order to be seen. Once the troll padded over to take her drink, she quickly restitched her arm, the thread like living vine, weaving together the moment both pieces were close enough to each other, and ordered a watermelon jolly rancher shot. Just as the candy flavored libation ran down her throat and the glass returned to the bartop as smooth, bassy voice addressed her. Cast in the shadow of a long masculine body, Frankie flicked her tongue across her upper lip and regarded him with a demure, half-lidded upward glance through thick lashes. "It's pretty durable stitching, I must say." Her voice firm but soft, honey-coated. Her hand was covered in rings and tattered pulled part gloves giving glimpses of her sewn together fingers as she placed them in his offered hand. With a wild throw of her head, releasing giggle, Frankie pulled the massive man from the bar to the half crowded dance floor.

Brute: There may have been another comment on his mind as what he watched was just pulled away in a moment by her taking his hand and with a strength not natural to one of her petite size, she pulled him towards the half crowded dance floor. His form was bigger than hers by a decent margin, but he was far from the biker troll behind the bar, though it still kept things interesting enough. His black hair shaved at the sides, slice and pushed back at the top which showed off two dark lines going down either side of his face and one directly down his forehead over his nose. The lower half of his face seemed to be composed of a metallic substance, again dark in nature with only slight shine coming from it as certain light hit it; definetly oddly mech like in nature. As he moved into her smaller form, his long tattooed arm curved her waist as his digits stretched out at the small of her back, collapsing her close as their bodies started moving to the ever changing music and his anchor on her back allowing the closeness to continue while retaining the movement he was almost expectingly waiting for from her. “With that neat trick you just pulled, I can imagine just how well you can accessorize as well.” He spoke a little closer to her this time, leaning in as his lower half moved to the music, body shifting as his timbered voice cut through some music. From the hand at the small of her back came another one of those spiders, crawling with intent from her skin onto his, shifting around and over his wrist, up his arm and across the tattooed forearms until came into view but as it did the animal slowly deformed, being taken into his own and where it should be skittering was a dark inked recreation of the small silky creature.

Foniia: Mismatched eyes scanned over the form that had come with her to the dance floor. He was certainly the least obvious creature she'd ever come into contact with since being in this heavily creatured part of the city. That is, she couldn't figure out exactly what he was by merely taking in his form. Intriguing. He pulled her in close, her chest pressed along his, her hand spread just below his pectoral while her hips swayed against his to the beat of the music. It took a moment for her to understand his meaning in his curious compliment. "It's always nice to upgrade once in while. A fresh set of hands or lips keep things interesting." Her attention was pulled from taking in the sharp edges of his face to the spider that sank into his skin, adopted as another inky portrait on his muscular arms. A deep wonderous, sigh eased from her slightly parted lips. Her curiosity rising rapidly. Lifting her gaze in that half-lidded siren stare once more, Frankie said. "You'll always have a piece of me with you now stranger."

Brute: By the time she had retorted to his compliment his eyes had already set to gazing at hers, the light blue of one off set by the dark brown of the other that still held the shine in the middle definetly pulled his attention a little for just a moment, until her voice, a voice that matched the siren esq sway she had to her seeped into his mind. The hand on her back spread out, rough finger tips covering more of her flesh than before partly in search of some of those seems, ragged scars on her flesh and party to aid in the motion of their bodies to the music. His free hand moved to the top of her jean shorts, a single digit wrapping one of the hooks as he nudged her that little bit closer to his form as she finished speaking. “I can’t imagine where you’d find a fresh set of lips that would be more interesting than these ones, maybe my imagination needs some work?” He smiled at her as his eyes shifted and head aimed for a moment to his arm. “I like the way you said that, stranger.” As his words died down for a moment and the song shifted to a more upbeat one, he slipped his hand slightly down her back, as his the finger around her jean shorts moved to her hip, rocking and shifting along with her. “Stranger leaves so many what ifs just open and ready to be explored. And if I ever need to replace that piece of you, I’m sure we can figure something out, Babs.”

Foniia: Frankie's face, though slender and beautiful, was just as pieced together as the rest of her, made obvious by the two large sets of stitches. One set followed the high ridge of cheek, the other cut through her eye and ran down the side of her cheek. If he looked close enough there was one small stitch peaking down from her hair line. The center of her face was as it had been when she found it, painted with black downs from her forehead to the ridge of her nose and a half moon. Her makeup, expertly applied by her own hands, resembled bat wings and two hearts rested right at the tops of her cheeks. The lips she had drawn his attention too were rouged as if she had a habit of chewing on them, and she did. When her lively pink tongue, flicked out from between her lips and slowly followed the plump line of her lower lip, another small spider came with it, ran quickly up her cheek and disappeared in her ear. It seemed, with each change of the songs playing around them, he brought them a little closer and Frankie did not mind one bit. Being pressed against the ridged form of a male, moving in languid sensuality, was exciting and freeing. Tinkling laughter threw her head back, extending the line of her neck and revealing where her neck and shoulders obviously met. Along her back, his hands would feel not only thick stitches but in places the cool metal of staples. "I supposed you'll have to take my word for the meticulious process with which I choose my lips." Gently tossing her hair around her shoulder, Frankie gazed up at the strange creature in front of her. "I'm sure you have seen many wonderous lips." With his exchange of words, bringing the conversation back to the term stranger, as smile eased slowly across her features, cheshire. "I love that interpretation. Truly." Her brow arched curiuosly as he curved the sentence with a nickname. "Who's Babs?"

Brute: Digits pull from her side and move to her arm, pressing over the stitching that wrapped itself just a few moments ago at the bar, before moving further up as his thumb brushes the high ridge of her cheek. “Well until I know your name, Stranger, I figured the best way to describe you is a rather unique Build a Beauty. I wasn’t lying when I was said so earlier, you are immaculately put together. And I imagine I’ve seen about as many wonderous lips as you’ve seen people drool over your own, but I will say, some lips are more wonderous than others…And some just simply taste better, you know?” Leaning closer to her, his lips having a better access to her ear now that she tossed her long streaked hair away from one side of her shoulders, he spoke in a lower tone, voice slightly rumbled in a deeper timber. “I don’t have to take your word at all, you could always show me this meticulous process you have, I think it’d make a great first date.” As his thumb moved slightly from her cheek to coat the line her smile created, he spoke once more. “Now, I can only imagine how much effort must have gone into carving a smile like this, Michelangelo would be jealous.”

Foniia: Up until this point, she had taken his light compliments as just that but there had been a distinct change in the timber of his voice, that sort of lower octave men only displayed when desire took their vocal chords. That sound ran through her body and tightened her core releasing in a soft sigh and the rise of goose flesh along her arms where his rough fingers traced. His words wove around her in a tempting spell, the phrase "first date" setting off bells in her mind. Dates were not something she did often. Still processing the curve of this conversation, his thumb moved over her parted lips and her eyes lifted to meet his gaze once more. She had no words. A sort of timid dryness had settled into the back of her throat. The long, thick line of her lashes lowered, dusting her high cheekbones before slowly opening again. Her voice was a hoarsed whisper when she spoke, "I think I need a drink."

Brute: Everything seemed to be going well enough, the dancing was fun, even if he wasn’t the best dancer, it was easy to fall into the rhythm with someone, but something he said must have lingered in the air long enough to turn the conversation in the wrong direction. His mind reeled for a moment in the couple of the things he’d previously said, though with the numerous things, the last thing he’d have considered would have been the off handed remark about a first date. “A drink sounds good, what’s your poison?” His hands slipped from her form, waiting a moment until she moved to head to the bar, catching the attention of the half orc lady as he turned back to the Stranger.

Foniia: Flushed, from head to toe, a little flustered and betrayed by the rosy hue around her stitches, Frankie took a deep breath when he released her and headed for the bar. The half-orc woman flicked her gaze to Frankie, but then fixated on her dance partner. She smiled at him, placing her hands on the bar, in a way that excentuated her long muscular arms and pushed her perky chest together. Her dark har was in a high ponytail that ran down her shoulder. "What can get you?" Frankie lifted her rear onto a stool near her stranger and tapped her long nails idly on the bar while she scanned one of the standing menues near her. "Ooo, look they have quite a few seasonally themed drinks! Poison apple martini, Love Potion, Witch Please, The Necromancer."

Brute: He shifted his form and leaned over near her as he looked through the choices of drinks with her. “That’s a pretty good selection, Witch Please just speaks to me on a different level, but I gotta say always been a sucker for the Poison apple trope. Hm…Ectoplasm Elixir, Vampire Venom, Black Widows Bite, Ohh…Frankenstein’s Fizz…Could always just start from the top and work our way down, I don’t know about you but alcohol tends to hit a little differently for me.” His eyes shifted and he moved them to the other side of the menu, checking out the rest of the options.

Foniia: His body pressed to the back of her shoulder, his attention on the menu, was a clear sign that the subtle flirting of the bartender was not working causing her smile to tighten around the edges. Frankie giggled as he went through the list and flipped the menu for them to continue. There was a pause as she was visibly thinking. "The kidney I have is pretty new. I don't think I would be able to imbibe much so I will have to be choosy." Turning her head slightly, to look up at him, they were back to being intimately close, the tip of her rounded little nose nearly brushing his. Her mismatched eyes crossed as she looked down at his nose. "I think I want The Necromancer. Or maybe the Black Widow's Bite. Something with edible glitter. What about you?" One eye moving independently of the other, the blue eye rolled up to look at him with a playful wink.
Back to top Go down
Emerge
Global Moderator
Emerge

Nightshade City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightshade City   Nightshade City I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 2:45 am

Characters in Roleplay:
Setting/Weather:
Date & Time: 12am
Summary of Log:

SidneyVolkov: /e It had been some time since Daniel had visited the bar. Probably five or six months since the events that last took place around these parts. Actually, she stayed clear of the area for the most parts, having found more trouble than she would have liked. Loans from shady figures and attempts to rebuild her reputation had cost her, leaving Daniel, wether she wanted to admit it or not, looking for refuge. As she stood in front of the all-too-familiar bar, she took a deep breathe, walking in past the front door. She seemed more shapely than she had once been, surely a sign that she hadn't accomplished her task and was locked in her form for the forseable future. Daniel had also managed to squeeze on some high heels, and fit herself in some clothes that she definitely wouldn't have worn in the past. As she sat at the bar, she fiddled with her pocket while looking for some cash in there.

Foniia: A round of wolf whistles followed a shapely figure when it entered the bar, originating from the pool table on the far side of the bar. Half orcs with biker jackets were always the most rowdy bunch in the bar. There were a few other patrons loitering around the tall tables with drinks in their hands and music was vibrating the corners of the room. Behind the bar, a single woman was sitting on the back of the bar top, with her legs crossed, scrolling through her phone. Despite the natural dark hue of her skin, she looked a bit pale around the edges and was chewing black lipstick off her lips, her brows furrowed slightly. An airy current of discomfort shuddered around the bar, like walking through rough shallows, but evened out forcibly when the woman came close enough. Closing her phone, the woman slipped off the counter and moved forward as if gliding on air. "Hello shug. What can I get you?"

SidneyVolkov  Daniel ignored the whistles and attention she was getting. Admittedly, she had gotten quite used to it over her time as a woman. As the woman slipped off the bar and over to her, Daniel's gaze fixed on her face for a moment, recognizing her though unsure if that was reciprocated. She'd manage to pull out a ten dollar bill, slipping it on the counter. As Daniel was about to order, she seemed to hesitate. "I'll take a martini... Whatever your favorite is..." She said, sliding the bill across the bar and over to the woman. She'd curse to herself internally. She really wanted a beer, but she never knew who was watching and with the heat she had gotten recently, Daniel had to play it safe, even to the extent of her get up and drink orders.

Foniia: "Sure thing." Delphine said. It was pretty clear that the bartender was not completely focused on the outside world. Pulling a glass from the rack, she filled it with ice and water and let it set while she mixed the martini in a tin and shook it, vigorously. Flashing the customer a welcoming smile, the witch did not recognize the female body in front of them. But then again, her mind was clearly somewhere else. Still shaking the tin with one hand, she dumped the water and ice from the chilled glass then filled it with the liquor. Piercing two olives with a tooth pick, she lay them along the side of the glass and flipped a napkin onto the bar in front of her before setting the drink down. "Here you go, sweetheart." Delphine said, her southern accent still apparent though not overpowering.

SidneyVolkov  Daniel seemed a little distracted herself as Delphine shook up the incoming drink. Looking around the bar momentarily and then out the windows, she was almost scanning the area with her focussed glances. Once Delphine was in front of Daniel, sliding the drink onto the napkin and over to her, Daniel nodded in thanks before eagerly taking a lengthy sip. She didn't care anymore, just needed some liquid courage for the night. Gently placing the glass back down onto the napkin. "Seems like a busy place." She said, her eyes back on Delphine. "But only one person preparing the drinks?" She asked.  

Foniia: Pulling the shoulders of her jeans jacket up over her shoulders, Delphine finished wiping down the well and laid out the towel before looking up. Her bright brown eyes finally seemed to focus on what was in front of her and she took in the face before her which brought up a few fuzzy memories. "For now." She said, stepping back and pressing her backside against the back of the bar. "Don't really need an extra set of hands to crack open beers and make shots."

SidneyVolkov  Daniel watched as Delphine seemed to pay more attention now. Taking another sip, she'd lower her gaze to the martini for a moment before looking back up. "Well... I'm looking for work. I wouldn't mind giving you a hand back there, if you're hiring." She said, a light shrug in the midst of her speech. In truth, she was looking for anywhere to fit in... Become part of the furniture. Keep her under the radar.  

Foniia: Curls bobbed as she inclined her head curiously, watching the woman before her as she spoke. "You seem familar." The old witch said almost absently and quickly dismissed the notion to reply to following inquisition about work. "I'm almost always hiring as a matter of fact. So if you truly want the job it's yours." One of the half-orcs put down a cue and started to head over to the bar. Aware of the movement, the woman began to pull beers out of the ice chest and pop the top on them. She had one almost ten when he made it to the bar and exchanged the empties for the fresh ones without a word. Necking the empty bottles, Delphine started to place them in the recycling then rinsed her fingers in the soapy solution in one of the wells. "You can start now, or tomorrow. Whatever works for you."

SidneyVolkov  Daniel watched as Delphine uncapped the beers effortlessly. She went quiet for a moment, sipping at her martini as she closed her eyes for a couple of seconds in thought. Figuring that the folk around here hadn't really screwed her, but also that she did pose some risk to the establishment, she figured she'd just come out and say it. "That's cause we've met...My name's Daniel Alcedo." She said, lowering her tone as to not be over heard. "And I'll take the job. Could start as soon as I finish off this drink." She said, taking another sip soon after.  

Foniia: "Name doesn't ring a bell, shug." Delphine said, shifting her weight through her legs and cocking her hip. Pulling her jacket closed, she crossed her arms and gave the woman a once over one more time but other than being acutely aware that they were familiar she couldn't recall much more. "Suit yourself." Said the owner of the establishment. "I'll just fill you in then. The MC," She hooked a thumb over at the orcs playing pool. "Have an open tab and they always settle up at the first of the month. Deliveries are on the 3rd and the 23rd. Don't worry about locking up or opening, the place will be open when you show up and lock when needed. I have a you break it you buy it policy. Mostly, when fight break out, I force the culprits to empty their pockets and max out their credit cards." Pulling her petite form back onto the back of the bar, her long nails clinked quietly as she tucked curls behind her ear. "Anything else, just ask."

SidneyVolkov  "It all seems fair enough.I can do that." She said with a shrug. Bringing the martini to her lips, she took another sip of it before holding onto the glass, tilting her head at Delphine. "I came in here maybe five or six months ago. Bounty hunter with a peculiar curse?" She tried to activate Delphine's memory on the subject. "What you need to know before I work here is that I've got some guys after me. Money I can't pay back right now. They're not likely to find me, considering I'm not exactly recognizeable." She said, her expression turning to a squint. Daniel stood up, tugging at her top straps and making her way around the bar, her empty drink in hand. She was stable in her shoes. Daniel remembered that Delphine was a witch and considering her situation, she tried not to harbour ill will towards the kind.

Foniia: Brushing a finger down the bridge of her nose as if dusting something off, Delphine nodded. She did recall talking to a bounty hunter about a curse and turning down getting involved in the deeds of another witch. "Ah, yes, you." Her light voice carried a short of chime at the end. "Like I said -- you break it you buy it. Keep your fights outside the bar and you'll only owe one person." There was a sort of careless absence to her words as she slipped off the end of the bar onto the other side. "Bar closes at sun rise and reopens around dusk usually, but I sometimes open when I wake up. Patrons tend to police themselves. It's only the new ones you have to worry about."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nightshade City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightshade City   Nightshade City I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nightshade City
Page 1 of 1